Dental Examination in Oslo
During a dental check-up, the dentist will carry out a thorough check of the teeth and gums. The tongue, the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, as well as the jaw joints and chewing muscles are also examined.
At your first examination with us, you must fill in a health form. Here you fill in some information about yourself. Here you also state whether you have any illnesses or use medication. This is to give you a better and safer treatment.
Thorough examination by the dentist
During a dental check, a thorough check of the teeth and gums will be carried out. The tongue, the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, as well as the jaw joints and chewing muscles are also examined. In this way, it will be possible to map which treatment needs the patient has, and based on this create a treatment plan. An examination by a dentist or dental hygienist at Clinica Smile includes the following:
- Examination of the teeth and oral cavity
- Hygiene instructions
- We use X-rays to examine the parts of the mouth and jaw that are not visible in a clinical examination.
- We can also include Panoramic X-ray - A form of overview image that can be used if the need for treatment is great.
It pays to take care of your teeth, problems that are discovered late can be both painful and expensive to correct.
*Populaer (Komplett undersøkelse + Panoramarøntgen + Professjonell tannrens)
Komplett Tannhelsepakke: Få en grundig tannsjekk, supplert med panoramarøntgen for en omfattende oversikt over munnhelsen, etterfulgt av profesjonell tannrens for et friskere og sunnere smil.
Dental X-rays are taken by the dentist to see detailed images of specific parts of the mouth. Traditional X-ray film is developed in a darkroom, while more modern techniques allow X-ray images to be sent to a computer and displayed on a computer screen.
Different types of dental x-rays should be available:
This X-ray allows the dentist to study the crowns of the teeth in the lower and upper jaw. Such photos should be taken once a year.
The dentist can see the entire tooth and the surrounding bone.
You can keep your teeth for life. The dentist will give you advice and things you can do to maintain a healthy mouth and strong teeth.
- Drink fluoridated water and brush with fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day and floss daily between your teeth to remove plaque.
- Visit your dentist twice a year, even if you do not have natural teeth or have dentures.
- Avoid tobacco products
- It is important that you contact a dentist if you have diabetes, this will reduce the risk of other complications, including gum disease.
- Treating gum disease can help lower blood sugar levels.
- If dry mouth cannot be avoided, drink plenty of water, chew sugar-free gum.
- See your doctor or a dentist if you have sudden changes in taste and smell.