Dental Examination in Oslo
During a dental check-up, the dentist will carry out a thorough check of the teeth and gums. The tongue, the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, as well as the jaw joints and chewing muscles are also examined.
At your first examination with us, you must fill in a health form. Here you fill in some information about yourself. Here you also state whether you have any illnesses or use medication. This is to give you a better and safer treatment.
Do you need advice and guidance before deciding on treatment? We always offer a free consultation to help you make the right choice.
Get a thorough examination of all teeth with X-rays and an airflow cleaner to remove plaque and discolouration.
Thorough examination by the dentist
During a dental check, a thorough check of the teeth and gums will be carried out. The tongue, the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, as well as the jaw joints and chewing muscles are also examined. In this way, it will be possible to map which treatment needs the patient has, and based on this create a treatment plan. An examination by a dentist or dental hygienist at Clinica Smile includes the following:
- Examination of the teeth and oral cavity
- Hygiene instructions
- We use X-rays to examine the parts of the mouth and jaw that are not visible in a clinical examination.
- We can also include Panoramic X-ray - A form of overview image that can be used if the need for treatment is great.
It pays to take care of your teeth, problems that are discovered late can be both painful and expensive to correct.
Dental X-rays are taken by the dentist to see detailed images of specific parts of the mouth. Traditional X-ray film is developed in a darkroom, while more modern techniques allow X-ray images to be sent to a computer and displayed on a computer screen.
Different types of dental x-rays should be available:
This X-ray allows the dentist to study the crowns of the teeth in the lower and upper jaw. Such photos should be taken once a year.
The dentist can see the entire tooth and the surrounding bone.
You can keep your teeth for life. The dentist will give you advice and things you can do to maintain a healthy mouth and strong teeth.
- Drink fluoridated water and brush with fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day and floss daily between your teeth to remove plaque.
- Visit your dentist twice a year, even if you do not have natural teeth or have dentures.
- Avoid tobacco products
- It is important that you contact a dentist if you have diabetes, this will reduce the risk of other complications, including gum disease.
- Treating gum disease can help lower blood sugar levels.
- If dry mouth cannot be avoided, drink plenty of water, chew sugar-free gum.
- See your doctor or a dentist if you have sudden changes in taste and smell.
With us, you can pay in various ways. We offer our patients flexible payment solutions. You can choose between cash payment or invoice. We offer a repayment agreement and patient service through credicare. You can also choose to split the bill as you see fit. You have many options to choose from, including splitting the bill over 12 months without interest. When you receive the bill, you choose how you want to pay, read more about resursbank.
From the results of the examination and X-rays, as well as your dental health measures, the dentist will draw up a treatment plan. This is an overview of the best course of treatment and the necessary steps to get the desired results. In some cases, the next steps may just be regular examinations and cleanings. If you need more treatment, you may be scheduled for more appointments.
Recommend examination twice a year!
We recommend regular examinations and cleaning with AirFlow. You can always book an appointment via our online booking system or call us on +47 22 23 33 33.